Thursday, December 29, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Jaxon is 1 month old now.  Where has the time gone?  He has changed so much.  He went from barely drinking an ounce to drinking 4 ounces in a month.  He is awake longer and more alert and he listens intently when I talk to him.  He warms my heart.  He gives my life purpose.  Most would think that taking maternity leave means no work, sleeping in, pajamas, dirty house, piled up laundry, etc.  Well, all I do is feed him, change him, but it is a joy, because for the last time (tears) I get to start off a precious angel's life.  When he cries, he knows his mommy will be there, when he is wet, he knows his mommy will change him, when he needs to be held, he knows his mommy will hold him.  When he needs to feel reassured, I will always be there for him.  Being a mommy is hard, but so so rewarding.  It is the most difficult job in the world.  As I watch him look around, sitting in his bouncy seat, I wonder what is going through his little mind.  I know he hears the noises of his brothers and sisters and his mommy and daddy talking to him.  I hope he feels safe and loved.  We sure feel blessed that God gave us another angel here on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment