Saturday, March 10, 2012

In the eyes of kids

Do you ever wonder what kids think about?  I do a lot and especially wonder what my little guy Jaxon is thinking about as we take care of him daily.  Does he feel safe and secure?  Does he feel loved, does he really even know what love is yet?  Jaxon has just started crying when he is upset...wanting a bottle usually.  After that bottle, he is the most content little fellow. He is so alert now, only taking 2 to 3 little naps a day.  He is smiling and laughing and kicking his little legs and holding his head up.  Since he was diagnosed with reflux and milk protein allergy he is not been on his tummy or back a lot because he spits up so bad.  So today, I laid him on his gym and let him play and laid beside him.  He smiled and reached for the toys hanging and just "talked" to me and the toys. 

I do not even have to wonder what my older guys and gal are thinking because they sure do let me know on a daily basis, and what they have to tell me is very enlightening!  So glad that they all have a good foundation and are not afraid to have a talk with dear old mom about things that bother them or about questions they have.  It is very important in this day and age to keep the lines of communication open with them.  The world is crazy and so unknown.  I can raise them the best that I can and hope that the old adage stays true..."Raise up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it".

No comments:

Post a Comment